Thursday, August 26, 2010

To revive a blog

Having seen more than a few blogs fade away, fizzle out or stop abruptly I thought I'd let this one limp onwards instead, so it is back. My faithful readers would be glad, no doubt, although puzzled by a two year absence. As I don't have any faithful readers that won't actually be happening though.

I am back in Budapest, having been to Edinburgh for  three cloudy, cool weeks. In fact I have been back for more than a week now, and have watched a lot of old TV series (Twin Peaks, Life on Mars, erm, You Rang My Lord) and films, and read a couple of books - "The Resurrection Club" and "Snow Falling on Cedars." Both were rather readable novels, picked up at charity shops in Edinburgh. As I have just had to check the title of the former it may seem that it was not the most memorable book, but I think that may just be a trick of my memory's way of dividing up memory space.
The attentive reader would note at this stage that I clearly have had a lot of spare time on my hands, and would be correct to in this. I am still on holiday from university, and will not be back teaching full time-ish for another week. I have taken the opportunity to tidy up a bit, pay some bills, clear some administrative work and suffer from a cold too, but all in all I have been rather unbusy. Not quite "A Summer Wasting" but an approximation of it for someone with a new flat still throwing up little DIY tasks and other things to sort out. There is always something that needs doing - a bill to pay, net curtains to put up, a form to fill in - and this state of affairs is perhaps preferable to really having nothing to do - it gets me out of the house. And offf the internet. Hmmmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home